Saturday, September 25, 2010

Good news! and not the best news too

I picked up my bike today!
It's awesome.
Beth and I rode 15 miles, and man you can get going fast on a bike.
It's a beautiful day too. The sun is shining and the leaves are changing colors which makes for a picturesque fall day.
The not so good news is my LEFT ITB is acting up. I had a serious issues with my right side when I first took up running, I ran through it for a few weeks and ended up having to take 3 full weeks off of running after my first 1/2 marathon. Now, despite my strengthening and stretching, my left side has been hurting. It's probably due to the fact that I never listen to anyone and I didn't properly rest following the marathon. The good news is that low gear cycling is an acceptable cross training activity while you're recovering from a bout of ITBS. Not to say I won't run at all, but I'll back off the mileage for a few days and lay off the hills and tempo runs.
I guess it's perfect time with my sweet new ride and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment