Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2 more races, then back to base

I will be running an 8K this weekend in Tacoma with Guerilla Running.
And then the Oly Trot 4mi race on thanksgiving day.
(I ran the oly trot course twice today with 30mi wind gusts in a downpour and I had a blast.)
After that I don't plan on doing another race until the orcas island 50K in February.
My plan is to put the garmin away for a little while.
I don't want to worry about splits and to-the-second pace.
I just want to enjoy running for running. In the winter. In the elements.
A hibernation from the stress of quick paced race training.
I'm pretty excited for this winter.
High mileage at whatever pace my body feels up to.
Ready for a little "break".
I got so caught up in the thrill of racing and joining a team and feeling accepted that I didn't notice I was starting to feel burnt, mentally, not so much physically.
I'd like to do more long runs. And see more scenery.
I'd like to be with myself. And enjoy nature.
I'd like to...

No comments:

Post a Comment