Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Damn it.

Maybe I shouldn't read  Anton Krupicka's Blog.
I read about his calf strain and two days later strained mine (on christmas eve) doing 800 meter repeats.
I know. It has nothing to do with it, but still, too much inspiration seems to result in injury.
I took saturday and sunday off with no physical activity and just rested.
I went back out Monday for an easy 10 miler and on my way up Barnes road about 3 miles into my run it started hurting again. By the time I was done I was limping.
I wrapped it up and went to work.
Needless to say I'm pretty... no, REALLY frustrated.
Why did I keep doing repeats when I felt it tightening up? I should've stopped. Instead I did 4 more. Idiot.
I'm 5 weeks away from the 50K and I'm limping around like some injured fucking garbage dog.
Anyways, I'll decide tomorrow if I'm going to take 3-5 days off and just cycle, swim, and work on my upper body. I've been icing it. I'm gonna take some naproxen and see how it feels in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment