Thursday, March 24, 2011

Training 03/14/2011 - 03/20/2011

Recently I've been running alot less. I think it's a combination of things. Those few injuries I had really made running unenjoyable for me. Running has always been something that cleared my mind and made me smile, so when I wasn't able to run with being in immense pain, it really made me realize that I needed time off. Since then I've been gradually getting back into the swing of things (as far as running goes). But recently I've had a lot of big changes in my life. Met an amazing woman, moved in with new room mates, and bought a new car. I also really haven't felt the need to get out and force a run if I'm not feeling up to it, instead, I just don't go.
I have been doing a lot of bouldering as cross training, which I think helped those injuries. I hope to get my mileage back up soon. I also hope to get more trail running in, but it's been difficult with my new location and schedule. For now, it is what it is: Running for the simple joy of it:

Mon - 8mi in 1:00 from hawks prairie to carpenter and back. First decent paced run with no pain in a while.

Tue - Rest

Wed - 18mi in 2:11 from hawks prairie to downtown oly by my old apartment. It was a long slow pace and miraculously I didn't get rained on. Good day :)

Thu - 4 mi in 35min at Tolmie state park. The adductor was feeling a bit tight again, but it was still a nice run.

Fri - Rest

Sat - 8mi in 1:00 to carpenter and back. Warm, 5 X1600M in 5:30 with 800M recovery jogs. Great work out!

Sun - 11mi in 1:20 from hawks prairie down to the old nisqually cut off. Nice exciting run. Very dangerous. Parts of the road had no shoulder, but that's part of what made it exciting.

total:  49mi
time: 6:06

No comments:

Post a Comment