Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bug

I wouldn't call it the bug.
I'd say my dreams are coming back.
The way I see it is:
I'm 24 years old.
I won't hit my running prime until I'm in my mid 30's.
If I can race at the level I race at now, I have no doubt that I can be "somebody" in the ultra world.
I am competitive by nature.
I want sponsorships.
I want to be in magazines.
When I'm in my 30's I want to be someone the people in there 20's are looking up to.
The way I look at Roes, Krupicka, Jurek, Koerner, etc...
All that may come in time.
Right now I want to focus on training for next years OP-50 and Javelina Jundred with a BIG base.
Mileage, Mileage, Mileage.
The trick is not to increase my mileage too much too soon since I took so much time off in 2011.
I think I'm doing a decent job considering how antsy I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment