Monday, May 7, 2012

The Flu and not running

It's been a pretty difficult week.
I came down with the Flu and had a high fever for 5 days.
It's been 7 days now, and I have a pretty gnarly cough. Tried to go for a little run today, but I only made it 2 miles before I was hacking up a lung (@ an 8:30 pace!)
I'm beyond frustrated.
I had to miss the wrightson massacre and I've ran 2 miles in 8 days.
I came down with this a few days after I had upgraded my Garmin FR610 to the Suunto Ambit. (Thanks to REI's awesome "return anything, for any reason" policy.)
http://www.suunto.com/us/product-families/suunto-ambit
I haven't even got to test it out!
It has a barometer, altimeter, compass, and gps.
It lacks all of the interval training functions of Garmin, like repeats and virtual trainer, but I think for what I'm going to be doing in regards to racing, it will be perfect. It also has a 50 hour battery life.
AND ACCURATE ELEVATION.
That's what I really wanted.
But, I haven't tried it out.
Spent $140 upgrading it because I had a good night at work, then came down with the Flu and missed a bunch of work.
Oh well.
c'est la vie.
I don't think I'll be running much this week again, because this cough is still lingering, but I'm going to try and climb blackets ridge tomorrow and see how I feel.
Also, witha ll this down time, I've been trying to figure out how I can make it to the North Face Endurance 50K in San Fran. It's in December, but I'm trying to get it squared away now, so I can race it for sure.
That's all here.

No comments:

Post a Comment