Sunday, June 24, 2012

Training: 06/18 through 06/24/12

Monday -rest
Tuesday - 2 x blackets ridge  3,400ft EG, 10 miles
Wednesday - Phoneline. Easy. 1,000ft EG, 9.5 miles
Thursday - Tempo run on craycroft/sunrise. Hills. 7.5 miles.
Friday - Bear Canyon Loop PR in 02:41. 2,000ft EG, 17 miles.
Saturday - A.m. easy run on the treadmill, 8 miles
                  P.m. easy run on the treadmill, 6 miles
Sunday - A.m. Phoneline, easy. 1,000ft EG, 8.5 miles
                P.m. easy run on treadmill, 3.5 miles
Total miles: 70. Total elevation gain: 7,500ft
I wanted to get more miles in this week, but I'm feeling pretty tired due to starting my new job. I work a lot more hours and get a lot less sleep, not to mention I'm commuting 49 miles a week via bicycle. Not much in the cycling world, but when you add that while trying to up your mileage, you feel a little drained.
My body feels great, besides my shin, which I smashed on a rock this morning. That was my first time really falling on these trails.
Recently I have been trying to switch to a more vegetarian based diet for performance and fitness reasons as well as overall health. I read Scott jureks book "eat and run"  which inspired me to practice better eating habits even more. I'm not sure ill cut out meat completely, but I've been eating mostly fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. My body feels great and I think a lot of that has to do with my improving my diet.
Not much else this week.
Love my new job.
Love Arizona.
Keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment