Sunday, September 9, 2012

Looking up

The past two weeks have been pretty rough as far as running goes. Everytime I went out for a run I would get light headed and feel so tired that I just wanted to lay down and sleep in the middle if the trail. I'm not sure what was going on but I think it had to do with cutting my mileage drastically due to that injury. Maybe stress too, who knows.
But yesterday I finally felt good! I felt so good in fact that I ran phoneline and blackets (13 miles, 2,700ft EG) at a tempo effort and felt great!
And today I set my PR ascending mount wrightson in 1:11. I decided to do a second trip and I did that ascent in around 1:40 for a total of 21.5 miles, 8,000ft of elevation gain and nearly 5 hours of running. The second trip I spent about 20 minutes talking with Ross Zimmerman. I really enjoyed that.
It was good to get out with TTR and start the season. And after today I'm feeling pretty confident about Flag.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the PR and the week. See you out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My record is 1:27! Going to hike it probably next weekend as we are getting ready for a Mt. Humphrey's hike. We're old now. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B vitamins? Iron? You might have them checked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl! My diet hasn't been as balanced lately and that may have somethong to do with it as well. I usually take a multi vitamin to fill the holes a miss, but haven't been doing that either. I will look into it!

      Delete