Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week ending 10/28/12

This week was a good week for me. I broke two PR's on the local trails.
I ran Phoneline from SCVC to the sabino trail/tram junction and back in 01:16. I've been trying to beat 01:20 for a few months now, so that felt great.
And today I bested my bear canyon loop PR by 29 minutes finishing in 02:12. I don't think it's an unreasonable goal to break 2 hours before we move, but I guess you'll just have to wait and see.
It's obvious that my training is working as I have made some palpable fitness gains, especially in the last 4 months.
I plan on taking it somewhat easy until the Mcdowell 50 mile on 12/08 and then I'll crank up the intensity in preperation for OP50 while racing a couple 50K's in between.
I have this small collage of pictures of elite trail/ultra runners and inspirational quotes on the wall next to my bed. If I wake up feeling "too tired" to run I just sit up, look at that collage and get out of bed. But the pictures aren't there because I want to be like them, they're there because one day I want to beat them and all of their records.
Humbly, of course.
It takes hard work to get to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment