Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week ending in 10/14/2012

I would love to be running 90+ miles a week, but I'm not quite there yet with my  recent foot and knee issues.
This week I ran 70 miles in 13 hours with 11,000ft of elevation gain. My favorite of which was my power hike up ventana canyon with Ken. There were lingering clouds and the temps were cool. Being in the canyon reminded me so much of Maui with the lush over growth. We got cut up by brambles and weren't able to "run" much but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It's been a rough year back at running for me as far as injuries are concerned, but I am progressing extremely fast and training smarter and smarter every day. I am fairly certain that big things are in store for me and my running career in the next 5 years.
And I am thoroughly excited for the changes coming in the next 6 months :)
Also, I have figured out a mantra that works for me!
Whenever my mind wanders or I start to think about the pain, I focus on each individual foot step and repeat to my self:
 "Come back. You're here. You are right here. Right now."
I know it doesn't seem like much, but before I know it the race is over and it all seems like a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment